Dripstones – Diver Workshop
Improve your diving skill with this diver workshop.
You are already a certified diver but are you still having troubles with some certain skills or simply want to improve your diving in general?
Then this workshop might be the right choice for you.
You just need to tell us what you want to learn and we will train you during your diving workshop day according to your needs.
For example: you have been diving a certain amount of dives, but you do realize that you still have troubles clearing your mask. Most of the divers or even instructors will tell you: That will come with experience. We believe that we can speed that process up a lot by teaching you exactly what you need to know to get rid of your problem.
Or you simply want to improve your buoyancy, trim and propulsion techniques. We will teach you exactly what you need to know to improve the field you want to improve.
This is not a course, we will not have to follow standards. There is no exam and neither a certification, you will receive your reward on every single day of diving you do in the future.
We would like to help you become a better diver without any pressure and within your own pace. Just you and your Instructor working together on a specific skill. Remember: at the end of the day, there is not a single certification card that can dive, the diver her-/himself can or can not.
The idea to offer a diver workshop came mostly from our experience as dive guides. We dive with a lot with divers from all over the world. Divers hold very different levels of certification and have different levels of experience. Unfortunately we noticed that not every diver had the chance to participate a diving course, where the focus is on diving and not kneeling on a pool floor to rush through the mandatory skills.
This is never the fault of the diver her-/himself, but a problem in the diving industry nowadays. This is why we constructed this workshop, to help divers to become better, more comfortable and the most important, safer divers.
We are convinced that only a diver with a good buoyancy control, knowledge about good trim and propulsion techniques is a safe diver and is able to protect the environment as much as possible.
We invite you to get in touch with us. Let us know on which skill or topic you would like to have a deeper insight and we will take care of the rest.
Dripstone Diving – the modern way to dive
Available skills or topics for the diver workshop
Available skills or topics for the diver workshop Skills and Topics you can choose one or several of:
- Buoyancy – the way we control ourselves in the water
- Trim – how to achieve a good position in the water with knowledge and minimal effort
- Propulsion – different finning techniques for different environments and conditions
- Weight check – as little as possible, as much as needed
- Mask skills – don’t get nervous anymore when you have to take off your mask underwater
- Out of Gas Situations – help your buddies immediately and stay safe
- Equipment – long hose configuration vs. standard configuration, backplate & wing vs. standard BCD’s
- SMB – inflate a surface marker buoy (SMB) correctly with different methods
- Dive planning/ gas management – plan the dive and dive the plan
- Dry check/ buddy check/ bubble check – what am i suppose to check before diving